The Danish Medicines Agency (DMA) grants authorization to cultivate and handle cannabis for the purpose of developing cannabis for medicinal use.
For the purpose of control and on presentation of valid identification, the Danish Medicines Agency and the Danish Agricultural Agency must have access to the premises where cannabis is being handled. Likewise, any information and documentation must be disclosed on request.
The Danish Medicines Agency may at any time revoke the authorization if:
- The special scheme is terminated or substantially changed
- The rules on the handling of euphoriant substances are breached
- Cannabis is passed on without justification
- The authorization holder is not willing to cooperate in connection with the supervision of the Danish Medicines Agency and the Danish Agricultural Agency
- The authorization holder is granted an authorization to handle euphoriant substances with the activity of cannabis cultivation